Currently, UTSA Debate has two renewable scholarships. We are in the beginning phase of a scholarship fund raising initiative. We expect to have more assistance available for the 2005-06 season. Check this location for new information.
May be incoming freshmen, transfer students, or current undergraduate students at UTSA. Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0. The student will be evaluated on amount, quality, and outcomes of previous cross-examination debate experience
|Skip and Judy Eno Debate Scholarship
||Amount dependent upon donor funding and availability of funds
- Undergrad (including freshmen and transfer students)
- 2.5 GPA
- Pursuing degree in any major at UTSA
- Full-time (12 hrs)
- Completed FAFSA
- Be accepted as a member of the UTSA Debate Team (and meet team requirements)
- Attend and participate in all debate team meetings and practices
- Complete all research assignments and submit by deadlines
- Debate in all assigned tournaments each semester
- Will be evaluated on amount, quality and outcomes of previous cross-examination debate experience
|*The Eligibility Summary and Application Requirements are intended as summaries. For detailed information, please download a copy of the scholarship application provided above.
These scholarships, and any other institutional financial aid scholarships are based on debate ability and debate team participation. The scholarships may be reduced or canceled during the period of the award if the recipient:
- Renders him or herself ineligible for intercollegiate competition by fraudulently misrepresenting any information on an application, letter of intent or financial aid agreement.
- Engages in serious misconduct warranting substantial disciplinary penalty.
- Voluntarily (on his or her own initiative) withdraws from the debate team at any time for personal reasons. A student-debater’s written request to contact another four-year collegiate institution regarding a possible transfer does not constitute a voluntary withdrawal.