The Communication Advisor helps students within the Communication Department earn their degrees with a maximum of educational value and a minimum of confusion and chaos. Advisors are available to answer student questions and help Communication majors plan their course of study. Information is available on the following subjects:
- Catalog and degree requirements: What exactly are the courses needed to get you the degree you want?
- Transfer of course work: If you transfer to UTSA, how will the course work you've already completed apply to your major and support work?
- Scholarships and honors: How do you qualify and apply for these programs?
- Career information: What can you do with the degree once you get it?
- Teacher Certification: How do you get to stand on the other side of the desk?
- Professional organizations in your field of study: Why wait? Start networking now!
- Graduate school admissions: When you're ready to graduate, where do you go from here?
- Standardized tests: What exactly are the TASP, GRE, CLEP, AP, GMAT, EXCET, and so forth?
- Study abroad: How do you plan study abroad so that the courses you take overseas will apply to your degree plan?
To Contact an Advisor
- In person: Walk-in advising is available at the College of Liberal and Fine Arts Advising Center in MH 4.05.32
- By phone: Call 458-4900 to get office hours of operation or to leave a short message for the advisor.
- By fax: Fax letters or transcripts to be evaluated. Call 458-4900 for specific information.